Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Musing Out Aloud

Leave a Comment
Am i homophobic? What's it like to be homophobic? I checked the dictionary and it means to be prejudiced against homosexuals. Am i prejudiced? I have loads of really cool gay friends. However its just certain people that i feel uncomfortable with. I'm not really sure what exactly it is i am uncomfortable with but i think that the physical touching would be one of them. Why? I don't think i'm prejudiced per se...It is possible for me to be friends with them and not treat them badly because of their sexual preference. So what is it that makes me uncomfortable?

By the way, besides the topic, doesn't phobic mean scared/afraid of? So why does it mean prejudiced then? Is it fear that makes people prejudiced? People say you fear what you don't understand. I'm not afraid. So what is it that i feel? Weirded out would be a good explanation i guess. I've been musing about this for so long...I need answers.

0 comments :

Post a Comment