Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Dedication to Addiction (draft one)

1 comment
Here's a little something thats close to my heart. It's not poetry, i'm not a poet, it's just some random crap i've been thinking of lately, but it says what it needs to, straight from my heart. Sorry about the cursing here and there, just putting a little anger into perspective.

===============

Addiction.
Some people are addicted.
Drugs, slugs, bugs
you name it, they're addicted to it.
Some people are dedicated to being addicted.
Wasting bucks to suck for ----s.
So this is my dedication.
The dedication to my addiction.

To my addiction,
i can only say,
I'm such a sucker.
Like men, those mutha----ers
Men who use women
the giving in and pities
to get their way and what they want.
So Addiction spins his web
and tells his tales
and i willingly walk
into traps i make myself.

I squirm with discomfort
face to face with weakness
'i am human', my excuse
everyone has one
Everyone succumbs
untrue, of course
but i swept the truth
under the rug.

Until now.

One man.
I see he's clean.
Tempting, the scenes
but he never gives in.
He goes straight to the top
and asks for help
And Godly strength is his.
to live out a life
an exemplary life
Showing us
the way to kick Addiction to the curb
But we didn't listen
We were dependent
dedicated to our addiction
So we sent him away
Hung it all like in a closet
and shut the door in his face

But this man.
He had a purpose
To erase the 'addiction' in the sentence.
So he came back
And gave us a chance
to be able to dance
in freedom

This is where it ends,
the story of addiction.
No, not really
for i'm addicted again.
Addicted to the man
saviour of all
the man who became the Addiction
his name is Jesus
and he really did save us
all from dedication to addiction.

1 comment :

  1. to my recollection, this has got to be the most beautiful thing i've read on your blog in a lonng while... its simply beautiful!

    thanks...

    and yeah, i'm back too :) got you something... but i'll be borrowing it every once in a while ... just coz i love it soo much!

    ReplyDelete