Tuesday, September 19, 2006

He always answers

Leave a Comment
You have questions.
I have questions.

Everyone has questions we want answered.

The thing is, if the question is not asked, then why should it be answered?
Other things like are you asking the right person also matter in asking questions.

I recently had an important question i needed answered.
Does God really speak to us today and how?
How can we really be sure its God?

I asked a friend, who has regaled me with many stories on how God answers.
I understood what was said, but i needed more.
I just wasn't satisfied.

So i set out to search for myself.
I ask more people, i read books, i google.

And in that process of discovery, i realise that...
1. If you don't ask, you won't know.
2. If you don't ask the right person, you won't get the right answer.
3. If you don't want to listen, you won't hear it, even if it's right in front of you.

No its not Google.
after all the frantic typing, i just sat down.
Prayed.
And God answered.
*snap* just like that.
And not only that, He keeps speaking to me everyday.
Its just that, maybe i wasn't willing to listen, maybe i shut my ears...
I can "maybe" alot of things.

But the fact is, i wasn't willing, so i didn't hear.
And now i am, and i hear Him all the time.

I'm actually quite jealous of people who can hear God in an audible voice.
Yes, there are such people, and no it doesn't mean God loves them more than He loves me or you. It just means, God appeals to different people differently, in the way they need to hear.
But oh well, i'm comforted by the fact that as i grow in relationship with God, the more "audible" He'll be in my life.

*grin*

0 comments :

Post a Comment