Monday, April 23, 2007

Truthful lies

Awake ; i feel fresh
Then it all sinks in again.
--
Tears linger nearby
They follow me around like bad BO on a construction worder.
It reeks.
--
People ; so many people
They all wonder what's wrong.
I tell them that oversized bags are the in thing this season
and they laugh, walk away
Embarrassed, i cover the blush with fabrics
--
The call echoes in my head
Accusations pierce through
Tears threaten to envelop me.
Honesty doesn't pay, i think
It takes too much of me.
The believable lie lies just below my tongue.
The deceitful truth cringes in shame.
--
The burden is heavy
I hide under the covers.
I pretend to throw it off my back
and sleep washes over me.
Sleep, makes me forget
Consciousness makes me remember
I'd sleep a million years if i could,
and never wake up.
--
It's my 20th.
You ask what i want this year.
Memory overhaul is out of the question.
If i could,
Sleep.
Hide.
To never wake up.