Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Futile Talk

1 comment
I don't understand it myself, but lately, i feel like my values have changed.
I notice all the crap coming out of people's mouths nowadays.
What a load of useless nonsense.
What an utter waste of my inbox space.
Just makes me wanna laugh in hysterics.

And of course, it makes me even more cautious of what i say or do.
Because i don't want to be part of this useless talk.
I am called to set an example in speech in 1 Tim 4:12.
Whatever comes out of my mouth is a reflection of what is in my heart.
And so if i have total crap coming out of my mouth, then what does that say about what is in my heart?

I cannot afford to be lumped in the same category as all the other people.
I am called to be more than that.
I cannot stand for mediocrity or be satisfied with just that.
If i am satisfied with just that, then i am no better than anyone else in the world.
I am no better than non-believers.
How does a light shine when its dim?
It doesn't, a light like that is useless.
A light only shines when it is truly bright in a dark place, attracting people to it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad i have my good friend with values that echo mine, with a want to work at doing hard things, rejecting the world's standards together and learning how to love what God loves together; because united we stand, divided we fall. And it certainly does help keep me on my toes.

I never had an accountability partner before and i think we sort of fell in together somehow, now its just an unspoken thing. I believe nothing is coincidental, and i am glad that the sorry situations that happened to us did, because in the long run, our friendship was tried through fire and is gold. The twofold struggles we've been through only served to bring us closer and i believe that God drew us together for us to bless each other. Nothing is a coincidence =)

These two little strange girls who never really fit in somehow. The oddest pair. Haha, i'd have never imagined. But i'm glad. And even though you already know this, here's a song, another one from my favourite musical, Wicked, called "For Good".




GLINDA:
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

ELPHABA:
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you

GLINDA:
Because I knew you

BOTH:
I have been changed for good

ELPHABA:
And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for

GLINDA:
But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share

BOTH:
And none of it seems to matter anymore

GLINDA:
Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes the sun.
Like a stream the meets a boulder halfway through the wood.

ELPHABA:
Like a ship blown from its mooring by a wind off the sea.
Like a seed dropped by a bird in the wood.

BOTH:
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
I do believe I have been changed for the better?

GLINDA:
And because I knew you

ELPHABA:
Because I knew you

BOTH:
Because I knew you
I have been changed for good.



Thanks for being my friend.

edit: Here's her reply.

1 comment :

  1. : P it's not much of a reply. just an expression of "aww-ness." you already know my thoughts regarding this. : )

    ReplyDelete