Saturday, August 25, 2007

My ugly blind spot

Leave a Comment













If you know me any bit, you'd know that i have this look. This look that expresses all the disgust and anger and utter disappointment i can muster into just one look. Yeah i know, my face is pretty expressive that way. Really good in a way. I like being such a chameleon and being able to express what i feel so clearly. My Sunday School teacher used to say he can see all i'm feeling on my face.

Today i read this article, on the left, titled my ugly blind spot. Have a read and see.
Yes yes i know what it says. So with such a flexible face i should be able to maintain a reasonably pleasant face even when i'm not particularly overflowing with joy with something or someone. Because it would serve my brother or sister.

But here's a question. But what if i keep a good happy face on, even if its a form of encouragement, and my brother or sister just keeps on assuming that cos i seem fine, nothing is wrong? I think the right way to go about it is to tell the other person something's up.

Hmm, easier said than done. I mentioned a few posts before that i can choose how to react. Well, it gets better with practice. The more i choose to reflect Christ in my facial features, the easier it gets to truly reflect the God bits in me. I just have to keep in mind, the imago Dei.

0 comments :

Post a Comment