Saturday, August 13, 2005

Leave a Comment
This little story was sent to me a while ago and as i re-read it today, it means a whole lot more to me now than it did then...here it goes...

Can somebody please tell me if there's someone on earth today who is perfectly well? Nah.. everyone seems to have some weaknesses at certain area of their lives.

Anyway, let me share with you some of my funny experience... When I was a new convert, I was very passionate and desirous to learn the Bible and "forcing" myself to behave [eat, sleep, talk...] like a Christian very much. I started to observe the conduct of those Christians in the college CF. I observed that they speak very gently using very "kind" [or indecisive/blur] words. Sometimes I got confused. I thought they wanted to correct me of something but yet, they seemed to throw me an idea that they feel Ok with what I was doing. At times, they spent hours just to deliver a message that they wanted me to come punctually for CF meetings. Hmmm... I told myself, these Christians speak weird language that only they will understand.

Hmmm... I was told that I must say grace before I eat. So, everyday, before I have my meals, I would say "Grace!". Then, I decided to visit some of the Christian girl's rooms in the campus. I wanted to survey how should I decorate [I love doing that!] my hostel room after I became a Christian. After quite a number of "friendly" visits, my conclusion was only "Christian girl's rooms are dirty, messy, untidy..." I was quite disappointed. I started to learn that it's not so nice being a Christian afterall. These leaders in my CF are not so great person... they didn't speak clearly [leaving me with more doubts], they didn't keep their rooms clean...

My heart really sank one day when my non-Christian gang told me something. They said all these Christians in CF always skip classes and so proud that they made sacrifice to God. I was kinda confused. I was a school prefect in my sec. school and I don't like ppl skipping classes...

On my way to lecture one day, I saw some CF notices on the building pillars. I stopped and started to "judge" the notices. I was thinking in my heart that probably I can lend them my new printer ['coz the printed words were so blur!], and the information was not presented clearly [I wanted to go for the meeting but don't know where is the venue]... and I noticed something --- those notices were put up without approval from the Student Affairs dept. As a student helper, I knew that the CF will get blacklisted if they put up "illegal" notices, somemore on the pillars [should put in notice boards]... Oh, I told God "God, ok... Now I want to help..."

I took out those notices, slowly and carefully. I was planning to get them approved from my supervisor in the Student Affairs and then put them back again in the notice board. There, a brother from the CF was running towards me. I was very happy, thinking that he could help me to take down those notices. With his 180cm height, he stood near me and screamed at me "What do you think you are doing right now?" Then he started to scold me as loud as everyone could hear from other rooms and lecture halls. He didn't give me a chance to explain and I was totally blur of what's going on. I felt rejected. Tears started to flow and I kept saying sorry.

A non-Christian classmate was with me at that time. She knew what happened. She then started to complaint that all these [actually just one] Christians are so proud and unreasonable people. Very quickly, she spread the news and all my "big brothers" and "big sisters" [close friends...] came to the canteen and discouraged me of being a Christian. They told me "Stop it. You'd tried your best to be one" I was very sad. The brother was my prayer coordinator, a cell group leader and he lead worship during CF meetings. I felt sorry that I'd made him angry but at the same time, I really learnt something that day that benefited me for the rest of my Christian walk -

Don't look to people [pastors, leaders, good Christians] but look unto a God who never fails.

0 comments :

Post a Comment