Monday, September 19, 2005

Arranged Marriage?

Leave a Comment
Good or bad? I think a well-planned and carefully and sensitively thought out arranged marriage has its benefits. However, marriages arranged for interests other than the couple’s, as a payment for filial debts, and with unfair negotiations or treatment towards either party could be a disaster.

Wondering why i'm talking about this? I'm studying an issue close to my heart, with regards to an image, to create a carefully composed artwork to represent my stand on the issue. So the image i chose is called "Pengantin Perempuan Iban", an image of a beautiful young Iban bride with a sad melancholic look on her face. Her facial expression brought to my mind that she's not too keen about getting married and thus came the issue: arranged marriage. More accurately, 'Arranged marriage;Selfish reasons & Human rights.'

SO i'll update you later with more details ler...

0 comments :

Post a Comment