Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Right/Wrong?

3 comments
I hate smoke. I don't hate people who smoke, but it sure irks me that they smoke around me. To me, it's an insult. It's like saying, oh who cares about your lungs, you're gonna die anyway, so who cares? I care, i don't want to die a horrible painful death. Eww.

I don't like drinking very much. The social drinking is fine, like a beer or two, or red wine at a special dinner but i have never gotten drunk and i don't plan to. I simply don't find anything interesting in the high or the drunkenness. To me, its just a way of killing your brains, as if we have that much to start with.

I'm not really a party person. I enjoy the occasional house party or birthdays in nice places, but i think i've outgrown the 12-4am partying. I'd much rather stay at home, read a book, snuggle up in cosy warmth than party all night long. I admire the energy of my friends who do, but sadly, i don't share their enthusiasm anymore. Call me an old fuddy duddy if you must, but i'd rather spend quality time with my friends in a quiet place where we can talk rather than head banging in a deafening club.

To me, to each his own, and just because i don't like what you do or would rather not join the par-tay does not mean that i'm being over-judgemental. It's just a standard that i have for myself. So don't assume that this is a personal attack or something of the sort, this really has nothing to do with you.

It's just me. And it comes with. (the package)

3 comments :

  1. its ok girl...i've also outgrown the party scene and I still have friends in their late twenties partying like there's no tomorrow...i feel old...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto. just that i never really went much into it anyway but when i did, i saw no point in it. but sigh, i do feel old too. *looks wisftul*


    and i think smokers are f***ed up creatures that need to be hanged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. alaah...kesian them la. I know some smokers who are nice people k...just those who smoke around friends and all...

    ReplyDelete