Thursday, May 04, 2006

The kampung clan

Leave a Comment
I went for this live recording whatchamacallit thingie, this DeOriginalMeow conned me into it. Haha, it's true! She said wanna see some Sheila Majid thing cos she's performing, and from what she told me i thought it was a concert sorta thing. My ass la, ingat ingat i'm going to be sitting down and watching the show only la. Turns out the audience must be active la. I actually was mortified...but it was okayla, not too bad.

I was very early, followed DeOriMeow there around 6pm when the show starts at 8.30pm. Puttered around with her, meeting this and that people. I tell you i feel like a freeloader, and also some ke le fe..hahhahaa. Anyway, the highlight of the day was of course the Sheila Majid action la. I won't say i'm a loyal fan, i hardly know any of her songs. Besides, her oldest album was out in 87. I was one. Do you think i would know any of her songs??

She was quite good actually. I liked her saucy jazzy numbers, it was funny *surprisingly, the few rare GOOD malay songs that i like* and i liked the provoking way she used...Made me laugh so it must have been some good.

Then...the grande finale...dum dum du dum....the management passed around little light sticks to pass around. I could hear the tickled breaths of joy the weirdos around me exhaled for these little joys in their life. So we're expected to wave these thingies like we're totally into the live concert, almost reaching charismatic church level kinda into it. And this pervert sitting next to me, already smelling like he rolled around in a pigsty before he came, gets all excited and lifts his stinky, overgrown bush, fungi-infected arm and waves into my personal space like there's no tomorrow. Ew.

Hah, wait for it...there's a topper to this story. The pervert tries to hit on me. "Cik, sila bertanya, you melayu ke cina?" And goes on to tell me how he can't tell, bla bla bla and keeps on going on and not realising i stopped listening before he even started until i say "Cina" and ignore him some more. He shut up after that. Heh.

So that's my experience with the kampung clan yesterday. Seriously, i don't have anything against Malays, or Indians, or Chinese for that matter. It's just the mat (insert whatever witty shit these people concoct to describe themselves), estate (insert another), and cina apeks that i can't stand. So if you terasa, awww. Too bad. *You sure don't look too highly of yourself, do you?*

0 comments :

Post a Comment