Sunday, October 08, 2006

I never promised you a rose garden

4 comments
Upset.
Desensitized.
Frustrated.
Tired.

Nobody said the Christian life was easy.
Hey, its said we're called to a life of suffering.
It's through suffering and persecution that we learn perseverance...
Its through sin that we can learn to be stronger...
to rely on Jesus, be dependent on Him for strength.

2 Corinthians 12:10

10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


Sigh.
I know that.
Really i do.
But sometimes its just so hard.
I just wanna give in, give up.
Drop it all and forget it.
I'm just so tired.
tired of trying.

There's this part of me that says, stay on!
Fight the good fight.
Persevere, be patience and depend on God.
He will guide you through this.
And there's the other part that says, ah! forget it lah.
I can't change people.
I can't change circumstances.
Why bother? Just leave it alone.

In my heart, i know exactly what i need to do.
But honestly, i'm really tired.

I beg your pardon,
I never promised you a rose garden.
Along with the sunshine,
There's gotta be a little rain sometimes.
When you take, you gotta give, so live and let live,
Or let go.
I beg your pardon,
I never promised you a rose garden.

I could promise you things like big diamond rings,
But you don't find roses growin' on stalks of clover.
So you better think it over.
Well, if sweet-talkin' you could make it come true,
I would give you the world right now on a silver platter,
But what would it matter?
So smile for a while and let's be jolly:
Love shouldn't be so melancholy.
Come along and share the good times while we can.

I could sing you a tune or promise you the moon,
But if that's what it takes to hold you,
I'd just as soon let you go, but there's one thing I want you to know.
You better look before you leap, still waters run deep,
And there won't always be someone there to pull you out,
And you know what I'm talkin' about.
So smile for a while and let's be jolly:
Love shouldn't be so melancholy.
Come along and share the good times while we can.

4 comments :

  1. hey, don't let the turkeys get you down.
    but at the same time, sometimes we need to be able to admit that we have to change ourselves instead of expecting others to change or hoping for different circumstances. =)
    I struggle with it too. I wanna say "It's ALWAYS someone else's fault. I'm NEVER wrong! " hehe...
    All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes we just can't change people. i knw that all too well. i've tried my best. my dire best. and was in tears when the fact just stood out for me that i can't change it and that sweet-talking was just to get me interested.


    i guess this is why we go through what we go through. to learn that we cant damn well change people. instead, we change. by learning about people like this.


    u ever wanna talk abt it, i'm a phone call away

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, the poem..is it yours?
    you know what, i never actually read anyof your works lah. ashvini's yes, ccy oso i've read. so when u gonna share or should i wait for the published version?
    lol...? i don't write...but i read remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hobbit => turkeys wont get me down! i'll shoot them n eat em.

    ash => u're such a good good friend =) Hugs

    dharsh => nope, its not mine. its a song by lynn anderson.

    ReplyDelete