Saturday, June 16, 2007

Whack whack

3 comments
Post taken from Jo's LJ : (with highlighted comments from yours truly)

Just came back from PoTC 3 with jargonic_ash and funkymonkeyerin. So much better than Spider-Man 3mo. If you're a huge Johnny Depp fan, then you'll *love* this third movie, you'll get an overload of him. Believe me, you'll understand once you've watched it. There were moments of pure genius, some moments of utter cheesiness, and also periods of 'Huh?'. The 'Huh?' mostly came from really bad Malay subtitles.

Thanks to the lovely funkymonkeyerin for queueing up at 10:30 this morning just to get opening night tix. (See i'm so nice, people! Actually there wasn't even a queue cos i was first in line. Hello duh! 10.30am kan? =p )

Remind me next time not to sit between the two fellas because I get one (this would be me *grins*) punching me in the arm at every cheesy/funny moment and another (that would be her) talking to me and snorting at the Will/Elizabeth parts. I was just busy concentrating on my own laughing/snorting/rolling of eyes/palmface during certain areas. But overall... good stuff.

--
I like her post so much i decided to post it up here. I mean, haha anybody who's ever gone to a funny movie with me would know its in my genes to whack the nearest person i know during the really funny parts (why in my genes? Cos my sis does it too. And at least i do it not so painfully. Don't ever sit with my sis. She could kill you. With laughter. Seriously.) I don't know why we do it though. Maybe when our brain finds something funny, it alerts the funny bone which moves our arm to hit nearest familiar person several times. Haha its weird but thats me.

3 comments :

  1. It's ok. Just don't nudge TOO hard, k? ;) I think it's just a human desire to what to share joy. Or rather, to double it. =) We're social beings, after all. We wanna feel like, we're not the only weird ones who think *insert whatever it is here* is funny. Hehe...
    That's MY theory, anyway. I know I laugh way too loud in the cinema. But then again, ppl can't really see who you are in the cinema, so who cares? =p Oh, right. My embarrassed friends do. =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahaha yalah..the story was straight from the embarrassed friend's mouth lah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, will and elizabeth were cheesy! they deserve to be separated for like 10 years! woot!

    marriage while sword-fighting? the people writing the screenplay probably ran outta ideas...

    ReplyDelete