Monday, August 13, 2007

Little ole domestic me

5 comments
Thanks to my domestic moments emerging and a lack of anything else to do, i have been cooking.

Hah, the amount of ridicule i encountered.
All you unbelievers.
You wait.

Well, after a week now of cooking dinners for my family, nobody has died yet, or had indigestion. No piles of unwanted food in the waste basket either.
Haha, well you could say its all thanks to my dear granddad, who's been supervising, but he gives me free leave to put in whatever i want and i taste the food myself.

So after this very productive week and several rave reviews [although i have to admit the reviewers were biased, the club i was holding while they were eating sure did help them smile and say the food's great], i'm keen on learning how to make more things. Well, more than just the standard fare for dinner.

So my next project! Ondeh-ondeh!













Now doesn't that look yummy? I love ondeh - ondeh! Jann converted me after a little trip to Nyonya Colours in One Utama.

And mum says its pretty easy to make.
Got the recipe, got the stuff, next to the actual making of the ondeh-ondeh.

Abit worried about it though, cos previously when i tried making dessert stuff, i always burnt them.

Well, for those of you who still believe that i can, there might just be a couple of ondeh-ondeh for you =)

5 comments :

  1. LMAO! No one has died. . . YET! Glad you added that yet in there. =P

    Good luck with the ondeh-ondeh. I have no idea what that is, but if its edible. . . looks good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ondeh!!! hahahah!!! so ur into it now huh! yea my mum tried making too. not too easy to get the perfect texture though. but keep trying and you'll get there! eh ahem ahem! must make some for me ok! =) lurveeee it! i'm waiting!!!!!!!! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...you?

    ...COOK?

    *puts hands on hips and frowns intently at Funkmonks*

    Now who domesticated you and where do I find him?! =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. eh...you been making food but how come we haven't tried it yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. cos the food is so good, it's eaten as soon as i whip it out. Hahaha, for family dinner lah.

    ReplyDelete