Saturday, August 25, 2007

So much for Brutal

Leave a Comment
Looks like my resolution to brutality is dashed to pieces.
Haha i haven't given up yet.
I will i will. But sometimes silence is golden.
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue. Proverbs 17:28

A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control. Proverbs 29:11
Tough.
Think i might have just done it again >.<
So should i keep silent or should i be brutally honest?
I'm rather on the fence about it really.
I think i shall keep silent for now.

---------------------------------------------------------

With the craze for Facebook, i've been reading about Joshua Harris' journey on Facebook.
It is very interesting and i'm truly inspired.
Maybe i should do as he does and delete my account as well.
Do i really glorify God by using the time i use up messing with Facebook?
Does it glorify God if i do oddities to people in virtual life?
I think by doing it in virtual life, is just a reflection of ugly human nature peeking out under the pretenses that its all safe cos i'm not REALLY doing it to the other person, it's just virtual life. I think this virtuality is a weak excuse to do things you really want to do in real life.

Same applies to Second Life.
A Virtual world that people use to do what they cannot in reality.
Is there truly a point to this game, when there is plenty to be done in THIS world already? Seems to me like a paltry reason to achieve control over life.
So what can i do? Well i removed the Facebook link on my bookmarks.
-.-
Small move yes.
I'm not so bold as to delete my account yet.
But at least its not as easy to reach, right at my fingertips. I take the inspirational song by Carrie Underwood conclude my tale of life and fantasy.

Wasted





I don't wanna' spend my life jaded
Waiting to wake up one day and find
That I've let all these years go by
Wasted

Oh I don't wanna' keep on wishing, missing
The still of the morning, the color of the night
I ain't spending no more time
Wasted

0 comments :

Post a Comment