Monday, September 03, 2007

Living up to my name

2 comments
Well the funky monkey must be funky. I am fashion-aware, not fashion-crazy. Here are some looks that are really inspiring me lately, even though i think some of them are pretty last and last last last last season. I don't care. I like them anyway and they're probably gonna somehow end up on me =/ Just some inspiration to help create looks that are not too revealing but nice.

Its really cool how she put this one together, i like that its not revealing -actually the pics i put up are those that weren't revealing- and i like the color combo of red and grey.
I've been looking for a humoungous cardigan like this, it really does do nicely with a long flowy dress. And it helps when your long flowy dress is low cut and sleeveless.
Isn't she cute? I really like the jacket, even though i'm not really a fan of red and green like that. The little bow at the collar is so adorable. Makes her look vaguely like some schoolgirl, especially if she had worn a pleated skirt with.
I really like the haphazard buttons all over her collar, i'll probably sew some of my spare buttons on something i have somehow =) Imitation is the best form of flattery.
I was thinking of making myself something like this, its pretty simple, i think. Hah but to take the time to think it up and draft it out, is another matter.
Another schoolgirl look, I really like the socks and stockings look. Heh this is one look coming up soon.
I like the print! And the fact she layered a cute eyelet top under the dress, it looks really good.
I like the jumpsuit but i doubt i'll find anything like it on Malaysian shores. But its nice yes? Like the shoes too.
Thats it for now, hope that gives you some help fashioning your own FASHION. Some encouragement to say YES, it can be done and it CAN look good! Press on!

2 comments :

  1. I *love* the large cardigan with the white dress and the jumper. And yes, the shoes are awesome. *nodsnods*

    But then... the large cardigan only works if you're like size six and below. So me? I'll just stick with my boring made-for-large-people clothes. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was gonna say that i like the large cardigan thingy too. great minds think alike eh? =P or maybe *gasps*, carbon-copied brains?

    At any rate, i like the school girl look too. That is sooo offhandishly funky. And Jo, DP's got loads of that stuff la. After exams, when we miraculously have loads of money, we go cari with Funkmonks.

    =P

    ReplyDelete