Sunday, September 23, 2007

Take my life

Leave a Comment

Due to some influence by a bittersweet friend of mine, i have grown to love and remember some old old songs [although abit remixed] i have been singing since i was a young kid running around the pews in St. Paul's Church. I have no inclination towards a lot of the latest and varied praise and worship songs, which to me, do not stand on solid truth from no other place than the Bible. Some of these hymns come practically straight out of the Good Book itself. None of that,"I feel this that towards you Lord...", useless and meaningless phrases as,"Looking out my window, i see the birds...". Please, spare me the worthless lines of self praise, self insecurities and bring me an abundance of God-beauty, songs truly praising God and singing of His love for us, not whining our pitiful "love" [if we can even call it such] for God. Of course, it is possible to sing our love to Him, but please, during the process, spare me the grovelling and beating around the bush. Words words words, nothing else but words unless you mean it and live it.

And so ending such a long diatribe [albeit a slightly mild one], i leave you an old favourite, based on Romans 12:1,
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

**************************

Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee.


Take my voice, and let me sing always, only, for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold; not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect, and use every power as Thou shalt choose.


Take my will, and make it Thine; it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own; it shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord, I pour at Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be ever, only, all for Thee.

0 comments :

Post a Comment