Saturday, October 06, 2007

Humans complicate things

3 comments
This is just a random post about random things about random people. And me.

------------------------------------------

I have really learnt the value of silence. So far the cost is high, but it's been worth it, weeding out things in my life that i just don't need. I see that some things never change and never will. Can't say i'm really disappointed to know, cos i'd rather know earlier than wait to be stabbed in the back while i'm not looking.

-------------------------------------------

There's this song by Relient K called Maybe it's Maybelline. It's all about blaming people, cos thats what we all LOOOOVE to do, maybe it's me, maybe its them, oh maybe it's maybelline. Blaming other people, other things, ranting and venting, really doesn't work. That's been so clear to me of late, that in case you haven't noticed, the posts have been rather introspective compared to the many rants of old.

-------------------------------------------

How do you make a choice? What influences your decision making i wonder? Cos humans, flawed as they are, usually make really STUPID choices. If i didn't know my God, i'd safely say He should be laughing up there in heaven at all of us. We choose the stupidest things, we do the dumbest things, we should all be put on America's Funniest Home videos.

-------------------------------------------

Lately, i've been using a coffee strainer and a little funnel to channel my friends into my little circle of friendship. Some are just growing too big and fat and ugly and are shoved out by the funnel and whatever else the funnel missed, the strainer gets. Some of these "friendships" are so toxic, they're almost like caffein itself, killing you slowly. I'd just rather have people who are with me for me, not for themselves. Not for me to be your pillar of dependency when it suits you and forget all about me when you are busy, the goodtime friends you know.

-------------------------------------------

Why are women so reliant on a relationship, on men? That is, if we even meet real "men" in the first place. Why can't we rely on God to provide? Marriage and kids are good gifts that God delights in giving, why would you want test drive every guy that comes along? I wish i had learnt this sooner, but i can only hope everyone else realises this sooner than later.

---------------------------------------------------

Speaking of straining, i haven't only strained friendships but also blog sites. Those with inappropriate articles, nonsensical gossip, nothing that i truly find of use are all gone. Eliminated. If my blog offends you in such a manner as written above, by all means, please get rid of me in your bookmarks. Even some friend's blogs, are just so empty and devoid of true life that i washed them down the toilet bowl. Cos they're just that which needs to be flushed, utter crap.

-------------------------------------------------

About the friends issue again, i really love my friends. Some are so caring and some i just really get and they really get me too. And i care so much about them too. They're some of the best people i know and i know this, cos our friendships have been through fire and become gold. Thanks bittersweet, hobbit, frick, and blursotong. Who says diamonds are a girls best friend when i have all the gold in the world in you guys.

-------------------------------------------

And that's all folks. End of long and random post. Life goes on.

3 comments :

  1. *offers ice-cream and chocs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs*
    love you too, babe. =)
    wouldn't know how to get through this if it weren't for you. =')

    ReplyDelete