Thursday, September 24, 2009

A diversion

3 comments
I've just come back from the best weekend ever. The most diverting weekend that blessedly took my mind off wedding planning. I was starting to be really annoyed with all the planning, cos it's making me lose my focus on things i should be doing.

But the weekend was good and my human sinful mind has gotten somewhat back to straights. I was Raya-ing it up in the Thinking Theologically Conference. I praise God for the blessings He showers on me, for Christ and what he did on the cross, and for my church that always reminds me of that. For Christ Jesus, wisdom from God. If there was only one thing i learned from this weekend, it would be that i have nothing to boast of in myself but Jesus. There's nothing good, nothing righteous in me, nothing that i can claim that i can do to get right with God. All i have is in Jesus.

And if there were only one thing i could thank God for, it would be for what the Cross did for sinful man. The previous post was just a reaction to a Christian who said if there was only one thing to thank God for, it would be the people in their life. Nothing wrong with that, but i think we've lost the point if that's the only thing you'd thank God for.

I leave you with a song:

Before the throne of God above,
I have a strong, a perfect plea,
A great High Priest whose name is Love,
Who ever lives and pleads for me.

My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart.
I know that while in heaven He stands,
No tongue can bid me thence depart,
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair,
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look and see Him there,
Who made an end of all my sin.

Because the sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted free.
For God the Just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me,
To look on Him and pardon me.

Behold Him there the Risen Lamb,
My perfect spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I Am,
The King of glory and of grace.

One with Himself I cannot die,
My soul is purchased by His blood,
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ my Savior and my God,
With Christ my Savior and my God.

3 comments :

  1. i know the traditional tune, but not this one. can sing it to me? hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH0NSTrTDT4

    i got it from this album "Songs for the Cross centered life" by sovereign grace music. very good album! excellent lyrics and really good reminder.
    http://www.sovereigngracemusic.org/albums/category/sovereign_grace_music/songs_for_the_cross_centered_life

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! i knew i knew this song. i know this tune too!! sang it in church few weeks ago. hahaha *blush*

    ReplyDelete