Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas isn't Christmas without Easter

Leave a Comment
I feel a little guilty for that last post, but well, it's a normal part of Christian life i guess. I should never seek to portray my life as perfect. It is only made perfect in the Death that gives me life, the Shame and Suffering that takes away the sting of my own suffering and shame.

Something that goes through my mind while brushing across hundreds of Christmas good wishes on Facebook is the question: "Why do people only remember Jesus when it's Christmas?" It's SUCH a big thing during Christmas, why only then? Seems a little hypocritical to me to sing happy joyous songs of Jesus' coming in church at Christmas, then disappear for the rest of the year. If you are so happy that Jesus came, why aren't you waiting his return with the rest of the church? And why is Easter's church attendance so significantly less as compared to Christmas? Isn't the purpose of Jesus coming to earth as man, his saving work: his death, even more important?

i carry a little negativity, it may seem but for the love of Jesus, i defend Him.

0 comments :

Post a Comment