Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Eleventeen hundred yonkerzones away

Leave a Comment
Is it just me or is eleven days really long?

And isn't it just so short?

The long and short of it all is that i can't wait to be married to my mr Miller.

The girls made this scrapbook for me on my bridal shower. And i really want to see it! The front cover was really pretty, it has my name and it read : An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. Taken from Proverbs 31. I really did have a fantastic time. I'm so excited to see the recipes and little notes inside, the poems and sayings, everything lah. I'm really glad Adrian and i both had good bachelor/bachelorette parties. Let men be encouraged to be men and women to be women, to embrace their roles as God intended it. That's the best party i could ever ask for.

It's finally sunk in on me, amidst all the festivities, how serious this is. We have received our vows that we are supposed to memorize (no papers allowed) and as if the content isn't hard enough, at the end it reads "And this is my solemn vow." Big promises, big keeping it after the wedding. Quoting Joy, the wedding is where you make these promises but the marriage... that's where you keep them. Thank God that i believe in total depravity, which means i am a sinful human being who desires no more than to rebel against God but God in his great mercy, has provided me a means of salvation, found only in His Son Jesus Christ's death and resurrection as atonement for my rebellion which rightfully deserves death. And it is God who works in me, changes me, gives me the Godly character and continues his work til Jesus comes again. So its now possible for me, sinful and rebellious, to be a Godly woman, a good wife and part of God's saved people, his treasured possession. Every time i read my vows, i see all that and i'm glad that i have that to remind me.

0 comments :

Post a Comment