Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Shoulda, Coulda, Wouldas

2 comments
Is it the current in thing to be, *hmmm how can i put this without sounding stupid myself*, well-read? Its just that my circle of friends and the circle that surrounds my circle of friends...well, seems to me that well-read, writer, artist, actor/actress people are becoming quite the thing to be...I was just wondering, if i had continued writing...would i have been a good writer? Would i have forayed into the world of journalism? All these shoulda, coulda, wouldas...

I left writing to pursue art. Would i be a better artist/interior architect than a writer? Sigh. I will never know. Maybe i should pick it up again. Ash says i should, i'm not that bad a writer. But her opinion's biased...she's my friend! But, coming from an award winning writer, then her praise is quite high praise.

Then again i also am a good artist. So what now? I'm so mixed up. Confused girl i am.

2 comments :

  1. y dont u do both?
    do art as your career, and write as a hobby...writers find it difficult to get published...so don't depend on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling, ash is NOT biased when it comes to writing. ash is always dead honest in this because ash doesn't believe in encouraging crappy shit writers.


    and yeah, do both. hobby. and who knows, something could get published. it's difficult here to do so. so don't harap much on it yet, just do it for the fun of it. that's the beauty of writing and art. it's always your call.

    ReplyDelete