Friday, July 28, 2006

Butt Crack Pants

2 comments
I was shopping with Ash the other day. I was looking for a nice pair of skinny jeans/straight cut jeans because i've never worn those and i wanted to see how i look in it.
Well, they say that skinny legs look good in skinny jeans, and since i can't take pride in nice skin, so i'll take pride in the nice size of my legs.

LET THE WOMAN HAVE HER VANITY OKAY!

Anyway, so i walked into Blook and asked for a pair. The salesman told me it was the only design they have, and they only have it in one colour. So okay, i put it on.

It came up to, er...i'm embarrassed to say, half my butt and stopped just barely covering important enough areas that NEED covering. But it still looked fine and i walked out to admire my legs in the HUUUUGE mirror. It looked GREAT! I loved how my legs looked super skinny and long. LOVED IT!

So okay, satisfied, i walked back into the changing room and performed the sit down test required of jeans.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FAIL KAU KAU!

There wasn't a mirror in the changing room, so i used my handy camera phone to snap a pic. Oh man, its easier to describe what was covered, cos its a whole lot less to describe than what WASN'T covered. So thanks, but no thanks, i walked out of the store and left my super skinny and long legs with the Blook salesman.

I don't understand how its possible for a girl to be comfy in jeans as such. I'm not the most kolot person around, i have no hesitation to bare some skin if my skin allows, but butt crack jeans are definitely over the top *or is it under the top (of your butt)*. My friend Drea sent me an image a while ago of a girl she snapped with half her ass sticking out of her pants at an immensely public gathering. It makes me wonder how attractive butt cracks are to men exactly.

You see, i understand that women usually dress to impress and i understand how cleavage *usually ample and heaving*, a little bit of tight abs, or a peek of the ankles would be appealing, but BUTT cracks? You men out there, you tell me, is THAT appealing to you? Cos if it is, i would be extremely disappointed and weirded out.

There was a scene in SATC where the four women were talking about anal sex. Hahah, nothing to do with anal sex, but just an example.
Carrie: How did they get the message that the ass is now on the menu?
Miranda: I bet there's one loudmouthed guy who found some woman who loved it and told everybody,"Women LOVE this."
Carrie: Who is this guy?
Miranda: Who's the woman who loved it?
Samantha: Don't knock it til you try it.
And Carrie and Miranda share this look that says,'yep, there's the woman.'
Same thing applies here.
Some woman must have met a man who loved it looking at her in her buttcrack pants as much as she loved wearing them. Then they both gladly spread the news...Ergh.

This only leads me to think that, perhaps women should stop trying to dress to impress and men should stop requiring women to dress to impress. Seriously, let me paint the scene for you. Lets say my friends, Drea, Hobbit, Sharm, Swen and i had a girls night out. Lets just say Sharm and Drea *tied for the prettiest among us* dressed down and wore baggy jeans, sweaters, tied their hair in sloppy ponytails, sneakers and no make up, while the rest of us are welldressed, neat and pretty in pink *makeup*. What are the chances that one of us gets picked up instead of the pretty but a little bit sloppy Sharm n Drea? Hahaha, don't even think of it. You're in denial, just admit it won't you, you visually inclined people you? The chances are, its more likely we get picked up instead of them. Well, the common generalisation is that the more well dressed and neat you are, the more rich, confident, or self-loving you are. Sad right.

Well, lucky for me, i only dress up nicer on the weekends or when we girls go out. Catch me on the weekdays and u'll see what a slob i am. Baggy sweats, sunnies to cover my un-made over eye bags, sneaks... I like to think of it as elimination of the losers. If you don't like it, then just stay away, i don't need you to tell me i'm pretty.

"Don't Need You To Tell Me I'm Pretty"-Samantha Mumba

I don't need you to
Tell me i'm pretty to make me feel beautiful
I don't need you to
Give me your strength to make me feel i'm strong
I got all of this strength that I need here
inside my own two hands
All that I want is your love and respect for who I am
What I really need
Comes from deep inside of me

Don't need you to tell me i'm pretty to make me feel beautiful
Don't need you to make me strong cuz i'm strong all on my own
Doesn't come from outside
This beauty I know
Comes from inside my soul
Don't need you to tell me I'm pretty

I don't need you to
Believe in me to make me know i'm worth believing in
I don't need you to
Lift me up high to know I can stand tall ( I can stand tall)

I can stand my own ground
I can stand proud upon my own two feet
Don't have to be part of somebody else
To be complete
What I really need
Comes from deep inside of me

Don't need to come to you for...confirmation
Because I finally found too...this revelation
What I really need ( what I really need)
Im gonna find inside of me (find inside of me)
Not in somebody else
Respect...comes when you respect yourself

Don't need you to tell me i'm pretty to make me feel beautiful
Don't need you to lift me up, i can stand up on my own
Doesn't come from outside
This beauty I know (I know)
Comes from inside my soul
Don't need you to tell me i'm pretty to know i'm beautiful

2 comments :

  1. Woman!!! I check your blog like everyday for the entire week i'm here, and there are no posts. i don't check for 2 bloody days, and you put up like 4 posts already??!!!!
    you're weird, you know that? hehehhe
    i miss you. i wanna comment on all your posts, but damn malas. need to get your approval for all of them. hehehe
    yes, we're beautiful. don't need no others to reassure us. but SOMETIMES, it's nice to hear, right? heheheh
    as for the boredom, can't help u there, babe. wish i could bring u girls shopping here, though. u would love it. don't worry, the nine west pic is coming soon!
    and as for someone coming home.... well.... *grins*
    and lastly, pls, for no matter whatever doggone reason, do NOT get those butt-crack-baring jeans, ok?
    love from Oz,
    HobbiT

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahha sorry, can't change the format cos i get alot of hate cos i ROCK and unfortunately sometimes i'm bluntly honest. People can't take the truth sometimes, you know, me too sometimes. but it's all good!
    I appreciate you taking the time to comment anyway! all in one is good!

    ReplyDelete