Saturday, July 29, 2006

Perfection? Schmerfection

Leave a Comment
Was feeling quite down yesterday. Dunno why...maybe it was the rainy weather *grin* or maybe not. But i decided to stick up my chin and grin and saaaay,'The sun will come up TOMORROW! Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow....' And so on and so forth as the song goes. And I went for a little retail therapy. I don't know why but shopping seems to take my mind off things and the look of money leaving my purse seems to make me happy. Hahaha, i'm so female.

Bought quite a bit of accesories for myself and a book to keep me company in Coffee Bean. So much for my saving up for a rainy day. I'm expecting a thunderstorm.

The Sunrise Jazz Fest last night was cool. DeORImeow was guest artiste for Lewis Pragasam and Asiabeat so naturally to support a friend, a couple of us turned up to cheer and yell and whistle *Daniel so tak jadi*. The artiste before that, Rachel Guerzo, totally killed TWO of my favorite songs. She sang 'Slow Boat to China' so slowly, it felt more like a funeral song. It's supposed to be fun, teasing and cheerful...a song that makes you feel romance and mischief at the same time. But she MASSACRED it. She's got a good Laura Fygi kinda voice, but she mumbles abit and after the thing with the song, she's so out of my books.

There were a coupla cute guys around, this time round the place wasn't so full. Last time, we couldn't even find a proper seat at a proper table. But this time, tables aplenty. So we sat right in front of the stage. I don't know what it is with girls and guys with guitars. They just look so hot with a cool guitar. Sigh.

Anyway, no hope for a guy for me anytime soon. If the talking and sarcastic jokes don't turn him off, the skin will. My sure-fire way of eliminating losers is doing just that, ELIMINATING THEM. There sure are a lot of LOSERS. Makes me wonder whether there actually are guys who aren't losers, who can look beyond this stupid skin and see more, see potential. I don't mind being alone, being single. But my girlish vanity would still like to know that there is some guy who thinks i'm beautiful, some guy who would love me no matter what. Maybe there's no such guy. Am i looking for some non-existent perfection?

0 comments :

Post a Comment