Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Ah, the young and restless

Leave a Comment
I'm bored out of my brains. I'm so restless now since i've been sitting at home almost all the time. I would LOVE to go out, but i want to save my money for the upcoming trips and i know if i leave the house, i'll use money.

And so i read, and read. Devour whatever printed material i have in my house. Burn them up in my mind...But now, i've finished reading everything. Books, magazines, newspapers...heck, even product labels.

So i'm back to being bored. I can't wait to leave town. I can't wait to leave my house and the people i live with, the people i always see, my friends. I just wanna be away from it all, just for a while. To be more or less alone (ahah like i said, more or less) or at least with people i choose to be. I've been thinking alot about studying overseas. Money's a problem, but then i shouldn't let it be a problem. I made a *hehe* mid year resolution, to study and do really well and try to earn a scholarship to one of my dream higher education institutes.

Time will tell how that'll turn out.

I've been questioning and questioning about what God wants me to do with my life. What am i supposed to do... Ever since i landed myself in the hospital, i've wondered, is KBU really where i'm supposed to be studying, is that really what i'm supposed to be studying. And i got an answer. It took a lot more thinking before i decided to make a change.

People questioned me and bugged me, saying things like this industry is not very profitable, you probably won't make alot of money, this industry promotes vanity and is just encouraging rich people to waste their money and asking me time and time again whether this is what i really want to do. That really discouraged me and made me doubt whether i really am prepared to deal with this.

Others encouraged me, and i can't tell you how much i appreciate those sweet words of encouragement. I'm so glad that my parents understood and they willingly helped me through this whole process of looking for a new college, canceling my old course. My parents *my dad especially* would have freaked, cos they had already warned me to choose wisely, way before i started and i know that this is costing them so much, but they didn't. And i realise that the path has been smoothed for me.

And so people, yes i'm sure that this is what i'm going to do.
*i'm so tempted to put the words stop bugging me in bold here*
Hope that answers all your questions.

0 comments :

Post a Comment