Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A good example in the matter of music

Leave a Comment
Two absolutely fabulous hymns that i've recently discovered, pretty good songs. They're played quite often in the 11.30am service and i realize that they are actually very selective over the songs sung there, which is such a good thing! Thought i'd share them with you since we were on the topic of music.

May the mind of Christ, my Saviour
Philippians 2:5

May the mind of Christ, my Savior,
Live in me from day to day,
By His love and power controlling
All I do and say.

May the Word of God dwell richly
In my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph
Only through His power.

May the peace of God my Father
Rule my life in everything,
That I may be calm to comfort
Sick and sorrowing.

May the love of Jesus fill me
As the waters fill the sea;
Him exalting, self abasing,
This is victory.

May I run the race before me,
Strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus
As I onward go.

May His beauty rest upon me,
As I seek the lost to win,
And may they forget the channel,
Seeing only Him.

When i survey
Galatians 6:14

When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ my God!
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood.

See from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?

Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.

More articles on music:
  1. When Music is our Enemy
  2. Worship: What really matters
  3. An emcee's gentle word

0 comments :

Post a Comment