Saturday, February 20, 2010

it's the forty niner.

1 comment
My ring has no diamonds. My invitations were printed on my printer. My dress is hand made. My make up will be self done. What's more important? I'm marrying a good Christian man and we want to honor God with our lives together by being holy and gospel focused in everything we do.

My friends, flee from things that drag you away from Christ. Flee from things that distract you, color your perspective, entice you subtly. When man becomes your Lord rather than Christ, flee. When money becomes your Lord rather than Christ, flee. When your brother or mother or friend becomes your Lord rather than Christ, flee. There's only one God, one Lord. Only One, who's worthy of our wholehearted devotion and love. Only One who has saved us from these idols. Only One who asks us to follow Him, to take up our cross and suffer. And be blessed.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

1 comment :

  1. I'm glad you think this way. It's appalling when people put so much hope in their weddings and not at all on their marriage. Congrats again. I pray for a blessed marriage for you.

    ReplyDelete